Saturday, November 15, 2008

Remodel Update

I hate mudding because I am not that good at it. Plus life with five kids gets busy. Anyways we painted the room today - 3 gallons of primer and 2 gallons of paint - for 4 coats overall. That was about $100 in paint then I spent a further $250 at Home Depot getting all my finish carpentry supplies - base boards, door & window trim, and further bits and pieces. I plan to get it all primed and painted on Monday and then to have it all installed by Thanksgiving. My skill level at trim work is passable, but nothing to brag about. Once I get the mudding done the work goes fast and furious. Here is the four corners of the room and the trim supplies:

2 comments:

meredith said...

Why don't you just ask Shawn to come and help w/ the mudding? He'd be glad to help when you get to the next room- and call him if you need help on this room as well.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

looking great!