Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Interesting, Very Interesting


I have been listening to Bill O'Reilly on my massive commute home everyday. I have always avoided him in the past, putting him in the same category as Ann Coulter or Al Franken. Anotherwords I saw him as an extremist nut job who is so rude, arrogant, disrespectful to anyone who disagrees with them, smear artists, so much so that their words had no value. But I had thought that without ever heard him speak. Much to my surprise I found him to be very even handed and respectful where respect was due. Obama is always Senator Obama for example (try getting that from Rush; and when viewers called in with the extreme conspiracy theories he was very quick to dismiss them as garbage.

So I went to the library and checked out Culture Warrior. Most of his problems with the progressive movement are the same problems I have with them as well. I stopped voting Democrat last election for the same disingenuous dishonesty he points out.

A great book for good discussions, but you will probably find the very people who profess free speech will have no interest in listening.

No comments: