Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Partisanship and Perspective

Watch this trailer for Mary Poppins

Now that is a completely different take on the movie than most people get. But think to yourself, did it actually show anything that wasn't technically true? I think this piece is brilliant because it reminds us that perspective of any given situation is highly personal. So while we may think it is impossible to see Mary Poppins as a horror movie, a reasonable person with limited information may sincerely draw that conclusion.

So the next time you are tempted to get overly excited about somebody else's opinion and begin professing it is the end of the world; just stop and take a breath. For all you know you are the one with the narrow mind and may be missing life's grand comedy, not your opponent. Who knows, maybe you are both wrong.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Scary!

meredith said...

I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch Mary Poppins again w/o hearing that version of the singing. Creepy

Heather said...

I've seen it before, but I was watching it and didn't realize that Ty was watching behind me and he said "mom, can you turn that off, because it is scary!"
btw, my favorite video promo that changes the perspective of the video is on youtube and it's "top gun revised" you have to watch it. it is hilarious!

Heather said...

Sorry, it is actually "top gun recut"

Nessa said...

Same thing...Claire and Jax were sitting with me and Jax started crying!