Since I am closing in on the big 40 I thought I should have a few health markers to determine if I am doing alright. I made a quick list of ten items that would be good indicators of my overall well being.
The first five are somewhat medical in nature.
1. Blood Pressure - my goal to be under 120/80 (Currently No)
2. Lipid Profile - I have this done annually thanks to my crappy genetics.
Goal HDL +40, LDL less 150, Triglycerides less 300 (currently No)
3. Body Fat Percent - Less than 25% (Currently a big no)
4. Waist measurement - 36 inches (currently 39)
5. Not as important as 3 & 4, but BMI of 24 (that would make me 200#'s)
The next 5 are more physical - Not currently meeting any of them
6. Bodyweight Squats - 50 under 2 minutes
7. Bodyweight Push-ups - 50 under 2 minutes
8. Bodyweight Pull-ups - 10 under 2 minutes
9. 3 Mile Run - less than 30 minutes
10. The photo test - photo in swimsuit
If I can meet most if not all of these by my fortieth this summer, well I think I will have a chance at getting even older. My physical will be this August, I hope you all will join me on my quest.