Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The book I read on the flight back


Another Thing to Fall by Laura Lippman is another in the Tess Monaghan mystery series. Tess is a former Baltimore area reporter who becomes a private detective after losing her job. This is book 6 or 7 in the series which overall is excellent but this book was just okay for me. I enjoyed it immensely but I am invested in the characters, but the actual plot seemed a little weak in and of itself. Laura Lippman is an excellent writer that has also done a lot of stand alone novels that are worth looking up. Lippman is one of the women authors I started reading when I kept track of what I read and realized I was reading over 85% male authors (see also JD Robb, Tess Gerritsen, Lindsey Davis, Marian Keyes, among others).

Please track down book one, Baltimore Blues, at your library and read the whole series, it will be worth your time. Her web-site features plenty og blog-type information as well.

No comments: