Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is what we in the business call parenting


After the Stake dance that I drove the youth to we were at McDonalds. Gunnar started whining about how he was really thirsty, but since I had already gotten him stuff he was getting no sympathy from me. Finally a very cute girl who was also there passed her drink over to Gunnar and said he could have some of hers. Gunnar takes the cup and lifts the lid and straw and takes a drink. Now realize that there is nothing going on in this particular situation, but I felt the need to have a teaching moment with Gunnar and another guy when the young women went to the rest room.

ME: Do you realize you just said the message that you found the young woman so repellant that let alone kiss her, you wouldn't even stoop so low as to put her straw in your mouth.
Gunnar & Friend: HUH?? Totally clueless
ME: Ask yourself, If I am willing to kiss a girl then a straw is no problem. Plus if she found you that repellant, she would have removed the straw before giving you the cup.

Can you believe they released me as Young Men's President?!?!?

NOTE: Be very careful if searching for images involving girls and cups, you just might get a nasty shock. I did manage to find these super cute non-girl images though.

3 comments:

meredith said...

David, good job. I'll send Shawn here to talk notes. He's the kind of guy that would give in to the desire to "gently correct" in front of the friend- because it's fun.

TStevens said...

I can't be the only one that finds dogs using straws one of the cutest things this would has ever seen.

Anonymous said...

http://www.poringa.net/posts/downloads/1152784/two-girls-one-cup.html


esta ahi wuacatelas