Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Holding a little too tight


Hold Tight by Harlan Coben is a well-written book. That said, the plot on this one is a little too contrived.

A man murders a woman who was having an affair too blackmail a teacher who said mean things about a girl who was friends with another girl whose dad was a transplant surgeon and neighbors son need a transplant but his dad couldn't be the donor because the mom had been raped to produce the child and then secretly killed her attacker who by luck was the brother of the wife who died of the original attacker. And that is not all - there is teen suicide, a run away child, emo kids, drugs, the CIA and FBI and on and on and on. And only in about 400 pages.

Anyways, I would recommend starting anywhere but here with Coben. Overall he is an excellent writer and I have read all his books, I just don,t know what amphetamine he was on while coming up with this plot. The writing though, excellent as always so the book is very readable, I finished in about 3-4 hours.

1 comment:

meredith said...

I was afraid that this post was going to include "overly loved" pets or toys- or a little kid chocking his brother. I'm glad that it's about a book and that no one was harmed while making this post. After your last few post/pics, I was very afraid. (But still incredibly curious to see...)