Friday, May 16, 2008

Where I Have Been

My Dad had been feeling a little pain in the chest coupled with shortness of breath. Just a few weeks later they had him opened up for a double bypass. I was able to go down and spend a few days before the surgery and three days after. I was worried my Mom would have to sit in the waiting room alone, but it turned out the hospital staff never left you alone more than a few minutes. Then when it started quieting down their friends started to arrive. Anyways all went well and below you can see some pictures from the second and third days.

Here he is sitting up and not wanting to keep his eyes open. Overall he was a bit sore and tired - Wonder why.

These machines were keeping the twelve different IV bags flowing.
This is the morning of the third day. Much more animated in the face while he was talking. He had been in the chair but they took him for a walk down the hallway and then did an EKG. So it had been a long morning and he was getting ready to take another nap.
Notice above he was down to three IV's. My Parents at the same time. Shortly after this I began my ride home, with all the salt containing foods my Mom had cleaned out of the house.
So the surgery was on Monday morning and here we are on Friday and he is already home. Simply amazing.

No comments: