Friday, May 2, 2008

The One Where I Died

I had been sick with swollen glands and a sore throat, so I was already feeling like crap. As I was walking out to the garage to get into my truck, I stepped to the left off the top, totally missing the stairs. I fell forward the 4 feet or so and crashed into the floor and Lisa's mini-van.


I laid there a while and made sure nothing was broken. Other than a sore back from crashing all my bodyweight onto my left leg from that height, I was all right.

I then went to work wherein my computer network card crashed and died. As most of you are probably in the same situation, no computer means you are not working. So there was another 2 hour delay as I went to the IT department and got another card.

When I got back to my desk I realized my office was doing their disaster drill (in these parts that means a tornado) and I had just missed it. Thats right, died in the mock tornado.
Just another crappy day in suck city.

PS-Please disregard the mess in the garage. Winter just ended and we have not cleaned it yet. Trust me, no one spends time keeping the garage clean when it is 25 degrees below sero.

No comments: