Thursday, September 11, 2008

It Is A Miracle From God

Lisa and I like to lift the weights and consequently we pay our local YMCA over $50 a month to use their facilities. Today we made the decision after two years of doing this (4-6 times a week) that we were going to invest in our own equipment and build a home gym. We spent our lunch hour cruising the Craigslist and pricing different benches, racks, and weights. Figuring we had several good leads I went back to work. We have an online bulletin board at work and not 2 minutes before going home I checked
it. Something new had popped up on the To Give away board, a Gold's Gym XR5.I called the lady at home and she said she still had it and I could pick it up on the way home.

BUT IT GETS BETTER!!

I show up and it is brand new, most of the parts are still in the original packaging. The older couple let me know that it had been in the house when they bought it. As far as they can figure the previous person had bought it and could not work out the assembly instructions (to be fair they look more confusing than a copy of Bill Clinton's deposition). The original price is over $250 dollars and we got it for free.

I am pretty sure that is the Lord blessing us for hanging our own drywall rather than spitting on the feet of Dave Ramsey and paying someone else to do the work.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, when you're debt free, from following the Dave Ramsey program, and have extra monthly income, you can budget in drywall hangers and boy do THEY seem like a "miracle from God."

Shawn said...

Friends that help you hang your own drywall . . . they are true gifts

Unknown said...

Yes, friends that help are in the words of Mastercard, "Priceless".

TStevens said...

Shawn - Don't reveal the secrets. It is totally ruining the smugness I am going for!!!

Heather said...

just because I couldn't talk to the "friends" that spoke spanish doesn't mean they were any less priceless.