Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little tired

Our Relay for Life event was last weekend. Our team headed up by Renee managed to collect $5000, so thanks to all of you who helped out.
I started walking/jogging at midnight and went all through the night. In the end I managed 30 laps of the .88 mile course. That is 26.4 miles, or just slightly over a marathon. It just goes to show that finishing a marathon is not really that big of a deal as I managed it without any training at all (running wise that is). Now running a marathon well, that is something.
I ended up with a slightly swollen left ankle which is already clearing up, and a tremendous blister on my little toe of my right foot.

2 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Great! I am not a runner, so I have great respect for those who undertake it. Congratuations!

Kim Siever said...

I couldn't do it because of my arthritis and asthma, but great job!