Friday, August 22, 2008

Conversations with Qatar

At the bank with Lisa:
Qatar: What are those boxes back there?
Lisa: They are safe deposit boxes.
Qatar: What are they for?
Lisa: People put their valuable stuff in them and then come visit it.
Qatar (incredulously) to the teller that has just returned: My mom says people put their stuff in those boxes in back and then come visit it.
Teller (confused): um, yes.
Qatar (almost laughing): What do they do, give them names and check up on them? How have you been Betty the necklace, everything okay? He goes on like this is the silliest thing he has ever heard.
Teller: I have never quite heard it explained that way before.

I suggested later that Qatar is old enough for a little Bourne.

That movie as well as being awesome, will teach him what a safe deposit box is for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not do the best explaining safety deposit boxes to him at first, I changed, but he would not let the visiting things thing drop. I told him you put valuables in and then come and get them when you want them, but do not want them at home were they could get stolen. He just kept talking to things he would name and put in his box to visit. He asked what I would have that was valuable to put in the box and visit. I told him "you and the rest of the kids, you are the most valuable things I own and then I could visit you when I missed you. I guess I would not see you very much after this discussion."
The banker thought is was all very funny.

Paige said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! clearly the genius in the family is Qatar! What funny kid!

Anonymous said...

He's cute and funny...that kid is going to be a woman eating machine!

I think you should give him a towel and a text book and start training him in self-defense for the remake of the next Bourne movie.

Heather said...

I have an empty box named "shiny" that I go and visit just so I have something to talk to when I get bored. I don't understand what you guys think is so funny.