Friday, August 1, 2008

Exercise Update

After listening to interviews with Dan John and Robert Dos Remedios I decided to switch over to front instead of back squats. Heck, even he of it is always a good time to remove your shirt advocates them.

I thought I would be conservative with an opening weight because I knew it would be considerably less than the back squats. So I threw on a couple of plates (135 pounds) for a set of five to see how that felt. OMG, I found out pretty quick that 135 was far from easy, in fact I stayed there for my entire series. I did 4 sets of 5 and I am two days out and my thighs are still sore. Plus my delts are tender to the touch, but at least they are not bruised.

This morning was deads (sets at 135, 225x2, 245x2, 265), rows (50, 55, 60, 65x2), and overhead dumbbell press (40, both single arm and double). I tend to only push one thing in my workouts and this morning was deads. I am working on my rows because after talking with Karl a few weeks ago I realized I was going a little light. I still haven’t found the right weight yet, but I am guessing I would max out around 85 or so. I am ready to push my main sets on deads to 245 with higher singles at the end every couple weeks (currently I do a lot of 5x5 at 225). My goal right now is to pull 315 and then ultimately 405. Currently my single pr is 300 pounds.

No comments: