Saturday, December 26, 2009

It ain't easy being fat & green


So I got to spend some time with the young people over the holidays which is always fun. The young people really like me because they can see the true awesomeness on the inside. Anyways I received some particularly harsh feedback but I took it in stride like the mature adult I am.
First I was in the kitchen working on something with the TV on in the background. The show airing was the Biggest Loser - Where are they now? episode. So they were parading out the past winners and memorable contestants and seeing how they are doing now away from the show. JT was watching with me and then pipes up with:

Hey Dad, you should go on that show. You could get skinny.
A few days later we had all the family and friends over for our traditional Christmas Eve party featuring KFC. This gets about 30 or so people in attendance including a lot of little kids. Being the entertainer I put on the movie The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the new one with Jim Carey). Pretty soon I have my niece Abby scrunched up next to me on the couch. Now Abby has never seen the movie before and the Grinch is scaring her a little. So to alleviate her fears I say:

Don't worry Abby. The Grinch is mean and rough on the outside, but on the inside he is nice and soft; just like your Uncle Eric.

Then Abby turns with a serious expression and lets me know:

No, that is like you.

That's my Abby. Next time I see her I will be pushing 50 and she will be a teenager. Then I will just be her creepy Uncle who she will just want to avoid (like Randy :-)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ha ha ha. Very funny.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha how true. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds about right.
Randy

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I love little children they always say it the way they see it. Rough and scary on the outside, soft and loving on the inside!