Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Clash Moment

Guess who is turning 19 real soon - will he go?

From this interview in the San Diego Press Democrat I quote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH - No.

It always amazes me the great lengths people will go to justify actions they themselves feel are wrong. Anotherwords if Mr. Archuleta really believed the drivel he spouted to the paper he would have just said no and been done with it. Yet he waffles on ad nauseam trying to justify his choice. To paraphrase:

I know what the Lord asked of all worthy young men but he clearly meant that for the masses and not me, because I am special. If the Lord had a true understanding of how awesome I am he would have worded the direction a little clearer. Luckily I am smarter than God and have a better picture of the situation and can fix his mistake, so no, I will not be going.

Hey, whatever. Mr. Archuleta can do what he wants and I agree that if he doesn't want to go he shouldn't. I know from experience that it is very difficult serving with someone who doesn't want to be there to begin with. Just please be honest and quit trying to sell us that line of BS that the reason you are not going is because you are doing something more spiritual and living up to a higher religious calling.

1 comment:

WonderKitty said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That is awesome. I am not an Archuleta fan, so this is just perfect for me.