Monday, July 6, 2009

Honey I think I missed a spot

Nothing will make your evening more than being woken up by a child with explosive and uncontrollable diarrhea. Luckily his room was littered with dirty clothes because that made the clean up a little easier as a lot fell on them. But I still had to strip the bed, pick up the clothes, clean the carpets on the landing (of the stairs) and hallway, and shower the kid. Then I remade the bed and got the laundry started, so all in all a long night – if you don’t count the stress of thinking “Maybe it was something he ate?” Because you know that you and everyone else ate the same thing.
All ended well and he felt better in the morning and nobody else got sick. Then I went into the small bathroom to take a shower before work. Upon shutting the door is when I saw it – the brown smears down its length. Maybe I am a bad man or just a bad father/husband, but I got dressed went downstairs and as I headed out the door said …

I can’t have all the fun; that wouldn’t be fair (or equitable).

6 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

So true I believe in sharing all things in a marriage even the messes!!

Heather said...

you should really tell Gunnar to clean up after himself.

Nessa said...

I'm glad that you love Lisa enough to share with her...I would be so upset if Eric took all those dirty jobs away from me...I'm getting a tear in my eye just thinking about it!

Kim Siever said...

Having two children throwing up all over their bedding all night while staying in a hotel room may come close.

Or having a child throw up several times all over her bedding just a couple of hours before your wife is ready to birth your new baby at 3 in the morning.

TStevens said...

You must have had the classics:
1. Throwing up over the side of a bunk bed.
2. Stepping in dog poop in the yard and then walking all through the house, up the carpeted stairs, down the carpeted hallway, and into your room to just let you know they stepped in Dog poop.
3. Running in from outside, across all the wood floors to puke into the living room chair.
Good times!

Renee Anderson said...

Oh....I love being an empty nester!