Friday, February 15, 2008

Speaking of Atlanta

On the flight down at 7am in the morning I got to ride with a whole lot of Stewardesses commuting to work. They we all very attractive women but they were also all in their mid-50’s. I guess being a flight attendant is not a job for the 20 something.

Temperature in Minneapolis when I left was 20 degrees below zero and the wind was blowing. Planes were being delayed because their water lines were freezing as they stood. I got to Atlanta right as their worst snow storm in 3 years was raging. They shut down the airport shortly thereafter and most things in the city were canceling. I kid you not, it was in the mid-30’s (above zero) and they had barely an inch of snow. I was walking around in a t-shirt basking in the summer weather while they were closing up shop. Amazing what a few years in Minnesota will do for you.

No comments: