Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Parker P

We had decided we would try on more time with a dog, and as such had set forth a few requirements. Well Lisa had quite a few requirements, I just wanted to start with a puppy this time to try and avoid the abandonment and socialization issues Turk brought with him. Lisa wanted something that wouldn’t shed and was trainable among other things. So we had settled upon a poodle or poodle mix and were just checking around for how much that would cost (quite a lot actually). I checked out the pet finders website (a great online resource connecting Humane Societies nation wide) when I saw a pure bred 8 week old Standard Poodle had just been put up in Faribault (about 60 miles away). I called and left a message on their machine that we were interested. They called back and said I was first to call in (there were several more calls for him) and he was ours if we wanted, we just had to get over to Faribault by noon.

Well a mad dash later and we met our new puppy. He is all black and cute as a button. In the few days we have had him we have already learned sit, so I think he is a fairly smart dog as well. We debated the name choice for two days and again I had Hairy Pooper rejected, along with Mr. Tibbs, the ironic Whitey or Cracker, and the very appropriate Hegai (Hegai being the kind black eunuch from the story of Esther). Since Parker P is the opposite of Peter Parker (i.e. Spiderman), and from Spiderman 3 we know the opposite of Spiderman is the black suited one, the name seems to work.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah, I don't know why you and Randy see my blog as yellow with white. It shows up to every one else as brown with yellow text. I'll see if I can fix it though. thanks for letting me know.