Friday, February 15, 2008

Playing for Pizza

This is John Grisham’s latest non-legal themed book. In the past he has written about Italy and about football, but now he combines the two with the story of a washed out NFL quarterback who plays a season in the Italian NFL. An enjoyable book that increases my desire to visit Italy one day and it also makes me regret that I cannot eat wheat anymore. If anything was lacking it was the length; overall the book was much too short. He could have spent easily twice as long doing a little more character development, and threshing out a few of his aborted plot sidelines. I managed to read it in one evening after work.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't know if I sent you the website, but a bunch of us (including your wife) are on www.goodreads.com and we list and can discuss recent and past books we have read. anyway, thought you might like it.