Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Entering the Seminary

Back in my mission days we used to have a practice of scrying the BOM at the end of a member visit as a means of a spiritual thought. I am using the word scrying in the Charmed (TV show) sense, as when they would twirl the crystal over a map to locate what they were looking for. BTW, I only watched Charmed for the articles. Anyways, we would flip through the BOM and then jab our finger into them when the person would say when. We then would try to interpret the scripture we landed on as having some import to their life. Harmless fun I am sure, but it does smack a little superstitious to me now.
Well today was Gunnar’s first day of Seminary. I was giving him and another 14 year old a ride to the church when I decided to scry my IPod for a revelatory song. I hit the shuffle and blindly skipped ahead. For the other kid I got You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette which has the refrain “You live, You learn.” For Gunnar though, I got The Clash’s Should I Stay or Should I Go. Interpret that!

No comments: