Thursday, September 6, 2007

Daily Workout Thursday

Last day of the weight lifting to gain muscle. I started semi-seriously 6 months ago to get stronger and all that goes with it, and for the most part I think it went well. Increased my bench by 60 pounds, my squat by 75, and my deadlift by 140. So I am pleased, but I still need to drop some fat and will focus on that starting Monday. Basically I am following the program of Alwyn Cosgrove as laid out in his book. It will still involve weights, just not trying to increase my loads all the time and at a faster pace.

Anyway I was feeling quite tired this morning so I took it easy. Kinda like being trunky the last day of the mission. I did try pushing the squats thinking I would wake up, but then backed off again for everything else. I also went with 4x5 for most things.
4x5 145 Bench
4x5 225 Squat
4x5 185 Deads
4x5 95 Cleans with press
4x5 Dips with 52# assist
2x10 210 with chin grip cable pull down
2x5, 1x10 120 Row Machine

Lisa was done with the spin class and was standing next to me on the last exercise saying “Let’s Go!!!” I mainly do the last two exercises because I cannot do pull-ups YET. Also I did my usual 50 push-ups while watching TV last night (5x10 with feet elevated on the couch)

http://alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/

No comments: