Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Books 39-43





Book #39 - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
Author: Daniel Pink
Copyright: 2009




Book #40 - Switch: How to change things when change is hard
Author: Chip & Dan Heath
Copyright: 2010

This is the problem with not blogging about the books when you actually read them. I read these two back in March and nothing is standing out in my mind about them. I really enjoy reading a lot of these personal psychology books about the latest research in human behavior, but they can blend together as time passes.

The Heath Brothes Web-site.

To see Dan Pink talking about his subject at TED. BTW the TED website is really what the internet should be about. It is a goldmine of useful and interesting presentations from around the world, all gathered in one helpful location. Dan also has a web-site.


Book #41 - Sleepyhead
Author: Mark Billingham
Copyright: 2001

Meh. Over the top criminal killing/incapacitating his victims in an extreme way. Not my thing generally speaking.

Book #42 - The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun.
Author: Gretchen Rubin
Copyright: 2009

This was a fun book that looked into what it means to be happy. Overall it was a documentation of the author’s life – an experiment of one. Maybe one or two of her suggestions can affect your life for the better. Please visit the web-site for my information.

Book #43 - The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Copyright: 2008

I jumped on to this bandwagon a little late into the game. I saw this book listed on a lot of just read lists of my friends’ blogs and Goodreads’ accounts. It is Lord of the Flies meets Survivor. It was very good and well worth your time. And it is soon to be a movie and now the third book of the trilogy is out you do not have to wait to read the whole series. Soon to be a movie.

No comments: