Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girl's Night Out

I was finally able to convince a few people to go see Mamma Mia with me. Vanessa, Bonnie, Meredith and I headed out to our local theatre and can you believe with 10 minutes to showtime it hadn't sold out?!?!
The audience consisted of a lot of women with their moms, or an occasional younger mom with her daughters - and then me. An old neighbor of mine (with her mom) saw me and gave me a very funny look. Where's Lisa. I told her she was at home and I was here with these three women. Even though I explained my love of Abba dating back to my youth in Europe, her response was still "That's still strange." Probably thinking it was a Mormon thing and these were my extra wives.
The movie was great and kudos for Pierce Brosnan for singing when he clearly is not that talented that way. At least he was leagues better than the nutjob freak women on the other side of me that sang along to every bloody song. SHUT THE FETCH UP!! But I was to polite for that, and plus her aged mother was next to her.
The most disappointing thing about the whole night was the girl talk. If any of you guys wonder what women talk about on their own, here it is. Potty training, mammograms, and the relative sexiness of Pierce's manly chest hair.***
BTW - we are NOT pregnant.
***Body hair is totally gross always. What was that? Oh, except you. It looks great on you, just not everyone else.
Yeah, thanks ladies.

3 comments:

Heather said...

what a random thought that you are "not pregnant." who would write something like that anyway?

Nessa said...

Hey, we need to pick our next movie!

meredith said...

ROTFLOL- Ask your wife what we really talk about. It was tso toned down for you. I promise!!!!

BTW- I would have killed that woman. I was happily between Bonnie and Vanessa and had no problems with anyone singing