Friday, November 30, 2007

You make the call

Was it coincidence or something more? Lisa is working (substitute teaching) so she arranges for her parents to pick JT up from his bus stop. I came home for lunch and started to not feel so well. After a long lunch time I decided to go back into the office and tough it out, but while there I change my mind and just go home (I am only 2 miles from work). I get home around 2pm. About 2:30 I hear a knock at the door and I find JT all by himself. It turns out his grandparents totally spaced picking him up and the bus driver also let him off the bus with no one there to get him. JT walks the 5 blocks home by himself (he is only 5). Because of events I happen to be home sick for the first time in eons, so I am there to let him in. This could have turned out really bad, but it didn’t.

No comments: