Friday, November 30, 2007

Sister Beck Lets Me Down

As most of you may know Sister Beck’s recent conference address really stirred a lot of people up. This household was no exception. We have four boys, so every Sunday morning after ironing my shirt I iron all of theirs. In 17 years of marriage, Lisa has never once ironed a shirt for me. Well I listen to the talk and tell her Sister Beck has just said ironing your kid’s shirts is part of her responsibilities. She refused to believe it and after review she showed me Sister Beck actually stated, “They bring daughters in clean and ironed dresses with hair brushed to perfection; their sons wear white shirts and ties and have missionary haircuts.” Lisa went with the literal interpretation that it did not say iron her son’s shirts. As I see it, Sister Beck did not go far enough.

1 comment:

Sandrine said...

What a stir, my wife reminds me that I volunteered that I would iron my own shirts B4 Marriage. But then again I find the missionary method of purchasing no wrinkle shirts is best. As JT has learned, once you're tall enough to turn on the Dryer you are clear and free ;)