Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Monday’s Workout

I am cycling through another workout phase (I rotate various plans so not to become stagnant). Since I haven’t done anything over the last few weeks due to illness, I started out fairly light. Anyway, I am looking to do 8-12 reps of ten different exercise variations. They are to be done at a controlled rate with good form, and just one set per exercise. Basically it is a quick (30 minute), three day a week, total body routine. It should be a good one to get me through the upcoming holidays and into the New Year. I will change it up then. The ten exercises are bench, rows, pull-ups, overhead press, squats, biceps, triceps, lunges, deadlifts, and deltoids. For example, on benches I can choose flat, incline, or decline; and I could use either barbells or dumbbells. On the latter I could do two or one arm variations. So every workout will be different. I follow up with some interval training for 20 minutes. On my off days, Tuesdays & Thursdays, I can do more interval training and my core work (abdominals). It sounds complicated, but it is actually pretty easy.

So anyway, here is Monday. I went lighter rather than heavier, and some exercises I went to twenty reps until I stopped. That means I went too light and will have to adjust next time. These are not in order:
Flat Bench, barbell, 135#’s (9 reps)
Row, DB, 20(20)
Chin-up 100ast(5) – I am really weak here L
Standing Military Press, BB, 95(10)
Front Squat 95(12)
Standing Curl, BB, 50(20)
Triceps Cable Pull down, 80(20)
Lunges, DB, 30 (13ea)
Deads, BB, 155(20)
Side Raises, 10(25)

I finished on the treadmill with 5 minute warm-up, Repeated intervals of 1 minute fast, 2 minutes at warm-up pace, and a short cool-down.

Felt good, but very tired that night. Fell asleep at 9pm.

No comments: