Friday, October 5, 2007

Corporate Softball Tournament

I signed up to play on my division’s team last Saturday. Now I played a lot of baseball back in the day, but that was over 20 years ago. So I went with 2 goals in mind. Not to hurt or embarrass myself. I think I did pretty good on both of those goals over the four games we played (we went 1-3). I made a lot of good catches including two great ones (crash the fence variety), and I made a few hits. The few errors I made were lost in the sea of errors that all of us made collectively. As for injuries I got one bruise on my palm from trying to distract the SS from turning the double play. He wasn’t distracted and he winged it, hitting me in the hand. Otherwise it was the walk of the dead on Sunday as I had to take Advil just to get out of bed. Now it is Tuesday and I have taken the last two days off from the gym and I am finally moving around without soreness. Overall it was a good time.

No comments: