Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Indiana Jones part of Remodeling

It seems people were always putting little things on top of the ceiling lathe prior to it being sealed up. If your house is old enough you can occasionally find some really neat things up there. Now I did find some tree rat tunnels full of their nuts, if you know what I mean. But other than that I did have two nice finds . First we have the 1916 catalog of new records being offered by Victor. The average record cost in 1916 was 75 cents to $1.25. Of minor interest was the photographs of some of the artists within the front cover. My camera cannot focus on the names, but in the bottom right is Efrem Zimbalist. In the top right is his wife Alma Gluck. Now they went on to produce Efrem Zimbalist Jr. the actor. He of course went on to bring us Laura Holt, the real brains behind Remington Steele.
I also found a magnifying glass. I remember we had one of these at my house as a kid. So interesting but not very rare.

No comments: