Friday, August 31, 2007

Chewing for Gold

Some I am sitting in church chomping away on my gum when my crown pops off. Luckily I didn’t swallow it, because given how cheap Lisa is, I would have had to retrieve it. I could only imagine how fun that would have been. And I would always have had the thought in the back of my mind – Your tooth is covered in POOP!

Anyways, I didn’t swallow it and was able to get the Dentist to glue it back in on Monday. For him to look at it, scrape off the old glue, and then toss it back in was 75 DOLLARS!! That is a total racket.

But I am reminded of a story from my rec. therapist days at the juvenile jail. In the morning one young man complained to another that he needed to get out of his face as his breath smelled like “fecal material.” (Note: the word has been changed for your protection) Well a little later the young man with the breath problem retires to the joint bathroom. The after lunch the first young man goes to brush his teeth and comes out in the commons area to complain that something is wrong with his tooth brush. This is the moment when the second kid states aloud that he had stuck his tooth brush up his butt, and whose breath smelled like fecal material now.

Good times.

2 comments:

Kris said...

FYI... I actually did swallow a gold crown being installed by my dentist. He was checking the fit, flossing between and it popped right down my throat. I was having a happy time with the laughing gas and a good dose of cold medicine and the thing just slipped right down my throat. I have a very good dentist who just started laughing, ordered a new one and will not allow me to have laughing gas. Oh, by the way...he passed on the "bulk" discount from the crown maker...no kiddin!

Charlie said...

ROTFLOL- i sometimes wonder what people who visit my house might do to the toothbrushes in our bathroom. Usually I just worry about little kids sucking on them, but now I have a new concern.